1. Aztecs used cocoa bean as currency. A rabbit was worth 10 beans, while a slave 100.
2. The correlation between chocolate and pimples is only a legend. This link has never been scientifically proven.
3. A chocolate flake provides an adult of enough energy for a 46 meters walk. To make a round-the-world walk it takes 870.000
4. The Ivory Coast is the world's largest producer of cocoa. It produces 1.51 millions of cocoa beans per year, a third of the global demand.
5. The world's largest chocolate bar weighed 5827 Kg, pretty much like a big elephant. It was produced in Derbyshire (UK) in 2011.
6. Switzerland consumes chocolate more than any other country. On average a Swiss eats 13 Kg of chocolate per year.
7. The most sold chocolate bar is Snicker: every year the revenues amounted to 2 billion dollars. Snicker's industries produces 15 millions bars per day, using 99 tons of peanuts.
8. According to US FDA, every 100 grams of chocolate, traces of mouse fur could be found. Are also allowed up to 60 insects scraps.
9. An Harvard research demonstrates people eating chocolate three times a month lives one year more than people who doesn't.
10. Chocolate contains Theobromine, which can cause heart failure and epileptic crisis. For a man the lethal amount is about 10 Kg. An M&M could kill a robin!
And here below the video about that delicious chocolate bar made in Derbyshire: