Snooping Around has won the Liebster Blog Award

Incredible but true. I still cannot believe that Snooping Around was awarded the Liebster Blog Award. Needless to say I'm on cloud nine. But if you have never heard of it, you're probably asking yourselves: "What is the Liebster Blog Award?". Actually the word Liebster comes from the German language, and it means "beloved". So, in this case, the actual meaning is "favorite blog". But winning this award is not so simple. You have to do 5 things to officially receive it, and in this "SPECIAL article" (notice I write special in Caps Lock to emphasize the importance of this) I will do it.

First I think few information is required. This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers and it follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people. The rules are simple to follow. If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to accept it (like I do) , write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
[Profilo.jpg]
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.


This blogger actually made my day nominating me. I'm talking about Drama Queen, also one of my followers. She's an italian blogger with a great passion. Art and Theatre. Go check her work out, because I can guarantee you'll not regret it. Drama Queen, if you're reading this, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much. This award means a lot to me, glad you like what I do.


2. Display the award on your blog saving the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post. This is easy.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. I've got the questions and here below I will do my very best to answer them.

- If you had to be a main character of a book, which one would it be?
Premising that I love the Harry Potter series, I would have to say one of Hogwarts students, not necessarily one of the main characters. Experiencing magic would be enough for me.
- Do you believe in coincidence or in a superior force?
I personally don't want to say too much about these two choices. In my opinion, coincidence and this "superior force" work together with us to create fate.
- Are you most fascinated by art or science?
Well, I'm a chemist so I absolutely love science, and I think some of its theories and thoughts are extremely fascinating.
- List 3 characteristics you find unpleasant in people.
When people feel superior, extreme foolishness, evil behaviors in general.
- If you could move to a random place all around the globe, where would you go?
I've always loved Great Britain. The language, the atmosphere, the views, the history, the Queen...a mix of these amazing qualities, and many more...so I would choose Great Britain, but not in a big town like London. Maybe in a suburban area.
- Which song are you playing most often these days?
I'm in love with the song Title by Meghan Trainor, it makes me smile every time I listen to it. Check it out.
- When you were a kid, what was your favorite game?
Hide 'n' Seek. Always!
- Which season do you prefer?
I personally don't have a favorite season. All of them have their pros and cons. So I'd say none.
- Writing on computer or handmade?
I think handmade writing is very useful to remember what you had written, but I admit the computer helps to keep everything in order without waste of space. But sometimes, computers can be so annoying. You probably know what I'm saying.
- You and your Social Netwoks
Facebook, Twitter and Google+. I always keep all of the above fully updated, but I'm not a Social Networkoholic.
- Have you ever thought, for any motivations, to close your blog?
No, actually never. Since I've opened my blog, I've never thought of closing it. And I think I will never. This because Snooping Around is my way to communicate with the internet, sharing my thoughts and the little knowledge I have.

4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself. Snooping Around Style.

1. When I was a kid, I literally saw an angel. I don't remember how old I was, but I remember exactly what happened. I was in an amusement Park with my parents, and we decided to go in one of those dark labyrinths with shadows and lasers. All of a sudden I got lost and started crying, looking for my mum. After few minutes all alone I saw a light behind me. I turned to see If that was my mum, but in front of me there was a black figure, staring at me. After I saw that my mum found me, but when I looked again, there was nothing in front of me. I know it seems crazy but, that's what I saw. Sometimes I think that was my guardian angel.

2. I have a great passion for Creepypastas. The internet is full of fake stories. But I personally think Creepypastas are always perfectly done. I don't know why, maybe I like to be scared.
 
3. I don't have a favorite color. I love almost every single one.

4. My birthday is the 1st of November. This date have always given me lots of troubles. That's because every single time I said it people use to say I'm born in All Souls Day. But actually I'm born in All Saints Day. And not just two or three people. Everybody. Why is this so difficult ?!

5. I'm also a writer....Well, I'm trying to be a writer. Actually I've already written a little book (and I'm currently finishing my second one). I started doing that because of a disappointment in school. after that I decided to pour my feelings on a blank page. And that's why now I think writing helps me to express myself.
 
6. Classic Books Mania. During my life I've read lots of books. I love reading. But for unknown reasons, my classic books list is very short. So in these days I decided to start reading all those books "you should read at least once in your life". I'm doing that for cultural purposes, but I've recently found out these are quite enjoyable readings. Now I'm reading 20.000 leagues under the sea.

7. I'm in love with Dancing. I cannot live without music. And when I hear it, I have to dance. This passion followed me since I was a little kid, so I decided to attend a school to learn some crazy choreographic numbers. Now I end it up for a year, but so far I've done about 4 years of these classes. I'm unstoppable. Every evening I have to dance, for at least an hour.

8. I sing under the shower. Don't judge me. I love music, I've said that.

9. One of the reasons I started blogging was to improve my English. If you're new on my blog, you probably don't know I'm Italian. So English is not my mother language. But I think it should be an integrative part of everyone's cultural luggage. I hate language barriers and I always try to break them down. I hope to improve it during my blogging job, and make it better and better as time goes by.

10. When there's something I don't wanna hear, I put my headphones on. A noise, an argument between two friends, someone screaming without mercy. I put them on, even if there's no music playing. But most of the time there is.

11. When I was a kid, I wanted to be an actor. I'm still loving this passion of mine, and I think one day I will be brave, attending some acting lessons. There's only a little problem I have to face. I'm very shy at times, so it can be a great way to get over it.
And now you know how weird I am...

5. Nominate other blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. I don't know if they have less than 200 followers, but I think they deserve this award.

Bared My Soul by Lux Ganzon
Libri da Favola by Sofia P
Feedmeister.com by Bill Mads
Marco Lazzara (he's a wandering blogger, so he writes in lots of blogs. I think I'll let him choose in which one he would like to do this).
Believe me, all of them deserves this award. And here below I listed my questions for them:

- Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out to be what you expected?
- What's one piece of advice you'd give your younger self?
- If you could live one day over again, what day would it be?
- What is the story behind your blog name?
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What’s your greatest fear?
- When was the last time you had a good belly laugh?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- What has been your biggest challenge?
- If you were going to live on a deserted island, what three things could you not live without?
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?

And that's it ! Hope you enjoy this little deviation from my usual articles. But don't worry. The next "Random Facts About" will be very interesting...Have a good life and Never Stop Snooping Around.

Comments

  1. Thank you for answering! It was really interesting to read those facts about you... We have a lot of things in common :)
    I'm studying chemistry, too, and I want to improve my English (that's why I'm watching a lot of movies and TV series).

    Can I answer your questions? Well, too late, I already did it ;)

    1 - I started blogging to overcome withdrawal symptoms (because I didn't have the possibility to act and I felt sad about that). It turned out to be much better than I expected, because many people developed an interest on what I write.

    2 - Oh my... There's so many things I would prevent my younger self from doing! If I had to choose a single piece of advice, I'd tell her to believe in herself.

    3 - I'm quite indecisive on that point, but maybe I'd pick the Helsinki trip I did last April.

    4 - My blog name is simply a pun: a drama queen is a person (often a girl) who makes a big deal for every little problem. But if you consider the literal meaning, it's the queen of theatre.

    5 - Eating only one type of food for the rest of my life would surely be boring... But, in that case, I would choose pizza. I don't think I could live without pizza. And, in addition to that, there are several toppings, so it will be like eating different types of food.

    6 - There are a couple if things I'm afraid of, but I think my worst fear is being alone.

    7 - I have a belly laugh every time I have lunch with my university friends... They're so silly!

    8 - I think my favourite quote is "Fortuna favet fortibus" which means "Good luck helps strong people"

    9 - Well, theatre obviously. Then my computer (being on a desert island is not a good excuse to miss the next blog post deadline) and a good book.

    10 - Dancing, I'm really crappy at sports and my dancing skills are equal to zero, but every time I see a ballerina, I wish I could be as graceful as her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy we have so many things in common :)
      Hope you don't mind if I've put your profile photo in my post. I couldn't be more thankful for this award.

      Delete
    2. No problem, my profile picture is public :)
      I find you blog very interesting, so i think you really deserve this award. I'm sure you'll keep on surprising me!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Gigi The Snooper for believing in me. :)
    Here's the link to my Leibster Award post. Keep snooping.

    http://baredmysoul.blogspot.com/2014/11/i-accept-this-leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random Facts About...Jellyfish, The Elves of the Ocean

Urban Legends - Krampus, The Christmas Shadow

Urban Legends - The Town That’s Been Burning for Over Half a Century