The human body is one of the most amazing machines ever created. And among the organs inside this wonderful creation, the brain is without a doubt the most amazing. It's useless to mention the enormous capacity that you all know, so let's discover some interesting facts about this not very well-known organ.
2. New brain connections are created every time you form a memory.
3.When awake, the human brain produces enough electricity to power a small lightbulb.
4. In this case, size doesn't matter. In fact the weight and size of a brain has nothing to do with intellectual ability. Albert Einstein’s brain actually weighed less than the average weight of a human brain!
5. Your brain uses 20% of the total oxygen and blood in your body.
6. Did you know that when our eyes receive images, they are actually upside-down? Our brain automatically corrects them, so that we see them the right side-up!
7. The reason why memories that are triggered by scent seem more intense and easier to recall, is because our sense of smell has a deeper emotional connection with our brain!
9. Violent homes have the same effect on children as combat on soldiers!
10. It's scientifically proven that even a small dose of power changes how a person's brain operates and diminishes empathy.
11. The blood vessels in our brain equal a total distance of 100,000 kilometers when stretched out. That's enough to wrap around the whole Earth four times!
12. The smell of chocolate (the "random facts" article here) increases theta brain waves, which triggers relaxation.
13. The human brain has the same consistency as tofu.
14. Humans have approximately 70,000 thoughts each day! Looks like we really are thinking too much.
15. The left side of your brain actually controls the right side of your body, and the right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. Strange, isn't it?
16. The brain is divided into two identical sides. While they do co-operate together, the left brain is involved with more rational aspects such as logical thinking, and the right side of the brain is more emotionally and visually orientated.
17. High altitude conditions makes the brain see weird visions due to the reduced supply of oxygen. It isn't uncommon for mountaineers at 8,000 feet or higher to imagine light emanating from their bodies, or visualize other people near them!
18. At least 60 % of your brain is composed by fat.
19. The brain contains no pain receptors, therefore it cannot feel pain! This is the reason why brain surgery is able to be performed on the patient while they are still awake!
20. Scientists say dieting could force your brain to eat itself.
21. You have something in your brain called mirror neurons. If you see somebody stub their toe for example, the same pain area will light up in your own brain causing you to flinch.